This is a savory recipe that mirrors comfort food too. How perfect?!
|Italian Eggplant and Lentils||
- 1 eggplant
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and boil 2 cups of water.
- Cube eggplant and toss in 3 Tbs oil and salt
- Roast in for 40 minutes until lightly brown and tender
- Once water comes to a boil, add lentils, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes until water is absorbed and lentils are tender.
- Once eggplant is done, sauté chopped onions and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable broth. Lightly simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in lentils and eggplant and serve.