Shrimp, Sage and Wild Rice Recipe
|Shrimp and Sage Over Wild Rice Recipe|
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 1 cup wild shrimp, de-veined and shelled
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs brandy
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fetta cheese
- 3 Tbs fresh sage
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- juice of 1/2 orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice and lentils together in 2 cups of water for about a half hour or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, marinate shrimp in teriyaki and brandy for about 30 minutes.
- Strain marinate and sauté shrimp for about 10 minutes, until cooked.
- Roast cherry tomatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, until charred.
- Julienne cut sage and crumble feta.
- Allow rice to cool then combine all ingredients. Serve warm or cold.